Hammond Family YMCA Phase II Project
What does the project include?
- $11 million renovation
- Adding 23,000 square feet/to total over 60,000 square feet
- NEW zero depth family and warm water/family pool
- NEW aquatic play structure with features for a fun & safe aquatic experience
- NEW lap pool
- Expanding fitness area to include NEW functional training area, NEW sports performance training/turf area
- NEW track
- Expanding gymnasium with NEW family gym
- Two NEW studios for expanded youth & adult program offerings
- Renovating locker rooms for male, female, and family/private locker rooms
- Additional parking
Will the current Y close for this renovation?
- The project will be done in phases. We will work on the new additions/exterior walls first to reduce how much time members will be disrupted.
What is the timeline?
- We hope to break ground late in Spring 2021 and hope to have it completed by late 2022.
Will you raise membership rates to fund this project?
- The project is being funded by very generous donors who believe in the work the Y does to impact kids & families in Hammond and North Lake County. Membership rates are looked at each year, but we are not planning an increase at this time.
Are the plans/drawings shown the final plans?
- No, these are concept plans at this time. We are still working through the details and will keep members informed as we go along.