- All memberships are non-refundable and nontransferable to other individuals.
- Monthly payments are by bank draft withdrawal or Credit Card. (Credit Card draft option has an additional 3% added to the monthly fee)
- Draft Dates are on the 1st or the 15th of each month.
- If you wish to cancel your membership, a stop bank draft form must be filled out and submitted at least 30 days prior to cancellation date in order to stop the next month’s payment. (example: February 1st for March 1st draft)
- Members are allowed ONE hold for up to 3 months every 12 month period.
- All individuals using the YMCA facilities are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the character, welfare, best interests and policies of the YMCA. Failure to do so will result in the immediate dismissal from the premises and may result in revocation of membership and/or usage privileges.
- Members are also responsible for following our Member Code of Conduct.
Attire | The YMCA is a family-friendly facility; please dress appropriately. Athletic shoes must be worn on wood floors. Proper swimsuits must be worn in pool areas. Open-toed shoes are prohibited in the fitness centers. Garments that have pictures and/or writing that are vulgar, suggestive, indecent or otherwise offensive are not allowed.
Bank Draft Cancellation | To cancel your membership, a cancellation form must be completed, located at the member service desk. The cancellation form must be submitted at least 30 days prior to cancellation date.
Closures and Inclement Weather | While the YMCA will make every attempt to open or remain open in inclement weather, it reserves the right to delay opening, close early, or remain closed if the weather is serious enough to put our staff and members at risk. Further, if a paid program is canceled due to a closure, the class will typically be offered at a make-up day and time. If circumstances prohibit a make-up from being held, the Y may prorate class to reflect the actual classes offered for that session, if requested.
Crossroads YMCA | The Crossroads YMCA is an association that includes four locations in Lake County, Indiana: Griffith, Hammond, Southlake, and Whiting. Crossroads YMCA members can participate at any location and sign up for programs at any branch, not just their home branch
Expected behavior | The YMCA is an inclusive, family-friendly organization. We expect all members and guests to model our four core values–caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility in their conduct and language (including within digital and social media communications). The YMCA reserves the right to suspend/cancel membership, end program participation and remove visitation access if actions or behaviors are not deemed in the best interest of the organization.
Guest passes | An adult member may bring one adult guest (must be 18 years of age or older) or a family unit (parent/guardian and their children) with them to the Y. Individuals may come as a guest two times within the span of a calendar year. ID required for guests as well as signed liability waiver. NOTE: Guests passes are currently discontinued due to COVID-19 pandemic March 2020-current.
Income based financial assistance | The Crossroads YMCA wants everyone to enjoy its programs and services. Adult and family Members who are unable to pay the full cost of membership may apply for reduced fees. An income based membership application and last years IRS tax return must be presented.
Insurance Statement | The Crossroads YMCA does not provide accident insurance for injuries sustained during YMCA activities. Members and guests participate in programs and use the facility at their own risk, and are encouraged to have personal medical insurance coverage.
Kids Zone/Kids Club | Please refer to these schedules for complete policies.
Locker Rooms | The YMCA provides space designated for adults, youth, families, and those with special needs. In most locations a lock is suggested to protect belongings. The YMCA is not responsible for your personal belongings. We suggest you do not bring valuables. These lockers are daily (unless you rent small lockers) and must be removed at the end of the day. Use of Family locker rooms are encouraged with families with children under 6 years old.
Lost and Found | The Crossroads YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Lost and found items are kept for one week. Inquiries about lost items must be made in person; items not claimed after one week will be donated to a local charity.
Membership Cards | Membership cards are issued and need to be presented at each visit for all members 10 years of age and older upon completion of membership application.
Membership Holds | Members in good standing with the YMCA can place their membership on hold for up to three continuous months, once in a twelve(12) month period. The member must come into a branch thirty (30) days prior to the requested hold-date.
Membership Refund | Membership fees are non-refundable except in the case of members who paid a full year in advance and have medical note regarding injury, major illness, or moving.
Nationwide Membership | When you join the YMCA, you join a nationwide association of people. So, you’re warmly welcomed by more than 2,000 YMCA’s across the nation. You will be required to sign a national membership waiver upon your first visit to a YMCA outside of the Crossroads Association. Check ymca.net for YMCAs near your travel destination. Crossroads YMCA is excited to share the new Dean & Barbara White Southlake YMCA with our fellow YMCAs!
- SUMMER: As a full member of your YMCA, you are able to visit Dean & Barbara White Southlake YMCA as a nationwide member beginning at 3:00pm daily. Earlier use is reserved for Crossroads YMCA members.
- FALL/WINTER/SPRING: As a full member of your YMCA, you are able to visit Dean & Barbara White Southlake YMCA or Griffith Family YMCA as a nationwide member before 3:00pm daily. Later use is reserved for Crossroads YMCA members.
No Weapons Policy | In the interest of maintaining an environment that is safe and free of violence for members, employees, and visitors, Crossroads YMCA prohibits the wearing, transporting, storage, presence or use of dangerous weapons on YMCA property, regardless of whether or not the person is licensed to carry the weapon. Members that violate this policy may have their membership revoked immediately; any employee that violates this policy may be terminated. This policy does not apply to any law enforcement personnel or security personnel engaging in official duties.
Personal Training | Personal, partner, and group training are a member service. Outside trainers are not allowed to use YMCA facilities for this purpose. This includes and not limited to fitness centers, studios, fields, and pools.
Safety | The Y uses these measures and more to ensure your safety;
- On site AEDs
- Staff certified in CPR, 1st aid, and AED
- Nationally certified lifeguards on duty
- Indoor and outdoor security cameras
- Free lock boxes for your personal items (depends on location)
- Frequent and random checks conducted on all Y staff and volunteer coaches prior to allowing them to work with children
- Sex offender screenings on all members & volunteers
Schedules | Current gym, pool, and fitness class schedules are available in the literature racks of any YMCA, online at crymca.org, or via the Crossroads YMCA app. Schedules are subject to change.
Smoking/Tobacco Products | Use of tobacco products, vaping, and/or smoking is prohibited in all YMCA facilities and on all YMCA grounds.
Use of facilities by children
Ages 9 and under Must be accompanied by parent/guardian, unless in an organized program.
- Can be in facility alone (i.e. gymnasium, family center, outdoor pool)
- Can use track with immediate supervision of parent
- Can use pools alone–areas of pool use are dependent on child’s swim ability
- Can be in facility alone( i.e. gymnasium, family center, outdoor pool)
- Can use track without supervision of parent
- Can use pools alone-areas of pool use are dependent on child’s swim ability
- Can use wellness center equipment with special designation and completion of equipment check
- Can take group fitness classes with parent
Ages 14 -17
- All facility accesses and usage (except where designated adult like adult locker rooms, sauna and steam room)
Waterpark | Please refer to waterpark schedules for complete policies.
WIFI | Wi-Fi is free and available in the branch locations. Stop at the membership desk for more information.
YMCA Check In | YMCA members and guest are required to have their photo taken to ensure safety and security for all. Members are required to scan their membership card on each visit to verify current membership, and guest must sign a non-member liability waiver. Membership cards are issued and need to be presented at each visit for all members 10 years of age and older upon completion of membership application. There is a $5.00 charge for replacing cards